Issue 3 – Out Now!
Phox Pop magazine Issue 3 is 96 (advertising-free) pages of stories about thinkers, seekers, makers and doers.
Inside, readers will:
- Meet an amateur collector who inspired a state-of-the-art museum, and a man on a mission to right a single grammatical wrong.
- Learn about leading women behind the lens through history, and a banned spirit brought back to life and legality.
- Find out how to create a cybernetic rock star from skin cells, and what it takes to build a new nation from a terra nullius.
- Discover plastic pollution repurposed in the name of art and the environment, and nature reimagined from redacted historical texts.
- Plus, take a lesson in body positivity.
Order now for £6 + postage
In the summer of 2016, the Milky Way doubled in size. By which we mean, the number of stars it was previously believed to contain was found to be only about half what it actually contains. It was around that time when the first batch of data from Gaia — a space...read more
Michael Faraday is proof positive that dedication and perseverance pay off. Faraday — physicist, chemist, and founder of the UK Royal Institution’s famous Christmas science lectures — was only educated until the age of 13. He left school to help support his...read more
‘He managed to become a CEO without sacrificing his masculinity.’ That’s not a sentence anyone is likely to come across in their daily readings. But the same is not true when considering the opposite sex. Up until very recently, the Merriam-Webster dictionary included...read more